Youth unemployment is an Australia wide concern. As a community, we need to be aware of the challenges the current and future generations face in securing sustainable, well-paid, in-demand and long term employment. As you can see below, the youth unemployment rate has steadily risen since 2008 and according to recent reports and statistics will continue to climb upwards.
What YETI is doing?
YETI is committed to driving change and mindsets. We want employers to consider employing youth and implementing targeted strategies to engage and retain leading talent through apprenticeships and traineeships. Many individuals will look for an alternative to university, while others simply enjoy being hands-on and learning by doing and earning a full-time income. We need to work together.
What can you do ?
We need you. The next time you are considering employing someone, could that role possibly be filled by a young person ? Do you have the capacity and culture to embrace new leading talent and see them succeed ? Can you refer a department or business unit to consider an apprentice or trainee ? Or, simply, can you help YETI by creating awareness of the youth unemployment challenges.
The YETI (Youth Employment Training Initiative) is a fresh approach to traineeships and apprenticeships and is much simpler, convenient, accessible and affordable than the traditional recruitment model. Plus, we deliver a range of other benefits and services.
Streamlined Recruitment Process
YETI recruits and employs individuals to meet your skills need now and for the future. We shortlist only career driven and motivated talent that meet your selection criteria for interview.
Once recruitment commences, we manage the following:
- Advertising, phone screening and first round interviews.
- Generic testing to assess existing skills (Language, Literacy, Numeracy)
- Background and reference checks.
- Shortlisting applicants suitable for the role.
- Coordinating second round interviews on your behalf.
Upon completion of the second round interviews, the final decision on the successful candidate is entirely yours. We are also able to offer our feedback if required.
Before commencing employment, all trainees undertake a half-day induction at our office. During this induction, trainees are given additional, important information and tools to assist their transition into full-time employment.
YETI mentors are role models who share their knowledge and experiences to best assist your apprentice or trainee grow professionally and personally. We believe that mentoring benefits not only the individual, but also the employer, and results in numerous long-term advantages that include engagement, direction and retention.
Our support to you also includes (but is not limited to):
- Manage all administration, including , payroll, Work Cover, human resources and industrial relations requirements.
- Regular workplace visits (every 6 to 8 weeks). A dedicated YETI mentor will work closely with you and your apprentice or trainee to ensure successful completion of all qualifications and requirements.
- Efficient resolution of any disputes. This includes people management, poor behaviour, performance, attendance and all disciplinary and termination procedures if required.
- Management of study requirements and liaison with the RTO.
- Regular reporting and feedback to ensure the apprentice or trainee continually meet and exceed your expectations.
For more information, please contact Evan Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9321 0832.